Thursday, February 9, 2012

Necklace design

Today I want to share with you one of my own designs. This necklace, made out of the tips of cotton swabs sewn together, is inspired by the pattern of coral and the roadmap of the Antillian island Curacao. I love this kind of design where precision is required, interesting materials are worked with and a lot of detailing is involved.


Curacao is the island where my mother lives and which I visited several times. On the beaches many of these pertrified corals can be found and I love the pattern and texture of them. On the right you see the capital of  Curacao, Willemstad, from above. The white lines are roads and the red dot represents the house of my mom. This all resulted in the design of this necklace, a piece that represents beauty as well as personal value for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment