Monday, September 30, 2013

Wooden necklace

Hello dear reader, it's been a while!
Shame on me..
But here a brand new blogpost!



About a month ago one of my best friends sadly moved to Sweden to follow a master course on design for two years. She will be working with wood a lot, which she is very good at, so what better present to give to her than a wooden necklace which I made myself :)

From a project I previously did I still had left over pieces of mdf which were lasercut in the shape of a necklace, as I used the negative as a mold to create a prototype. I had saved the pieces with the plan of using them later, so using them to make a present was the perfect occasion.

I painted the mdf white and added tiny triangles to create an aztec-like pattern. The backside I left white so the necklace can be worn both sides. With some silver wire I attatched a silver necklace with a clasp.

I loved the result and so did my friend who was kind enough to send me some pictures of her wearing it, all the way in Sweden! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment